Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Picks

I have to say that I have been looking at these 2 games back in July and it has taken me until today to get comfortable making picks.

For Navy and Maryland, I am going to take Maryland on a lean.

I am not sure if this meets the definition of a trend but so far coaches on the “hot” seat have put forward a good showing and covered the spread. This includes Michigan, Illinois, and Colorado. Maryland’s coach is of course on this list as well. I think Maryland will be able to move the ball through the air well enough and will have put a lot of time in practice to stopping the option as they also have W. Virginia on the schedule in 2 weeks and there will be some similarities.

I am not going big on this game but do think Maryland will keep it close.

Va Tech and Boise St-

Lots to consider in this game and the money seems to be flowing in on Va tech. I don’t think the location of the game gives Va Tech a big edge. Both teams have been playing in bowls and eventhough their will be more Va Tech backers there, I think both teams know how to handle playing on a neutral field. Then there is Va Tech’s 0-21 record against top 5 teams. The tricky thing about is determining whether Boise is really a top 5 team.

I think we will see a ball control game from both sides. I don’t think either head coach wants to have their defense on the field for extended periods of time. I also don’t think either team will take any big chances early in the game and we will see a field position battle. Ultimately, I don’t like the fact that Va Tech will need to rely on their offense to win this game. Usually they are defensive minded team and the offense just helps.

I have a strong play on the under 52 (although I am going to wait to see if it keeps rising) and a lean on Boise St +1.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment