Tuesday, September 3, 2013

College Football Week 1 Observations

I had a nice week one and am looking forward to week 2.

After week 1, I like to step back and try to find out which times might be better than I thought, which teams are worse, which teams are truly good or bad. I also like to look at the teams whose coaches are on the hot to see if they how their teams performed.

Here are some of my observations:

Teams that played poorly that really are not that bad: San Diego St, Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Tulsa, Boise St

For these teams, look for an opportunity to get some inflated points or take advantage of a small favored spread. This week, I like SD St to play much better, same goes for Tulsa. Sometimes a bad loss is a coaches best friend so they can get their teams focused.

Teams that played that may not be all that: Minnesota, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Notre Dame, Ohio St, USC and Michigan st.

For me the jury is still out on these teams. They won their games pretty handily but all showed some flaws. I will be looking for fade opportunities with this group.

Here are the teams that look legit: Baylor, UCF, Texas Tech, Wisconsin, Clemson, LSU and Florida St. Of course you can't blindly bet on these teams but they looked impressive and will steamroll many of their opponents.

Teams that looked bad and are bad: UNLV, Colorado st, Oregon St and Purdue.

I am not planning on betting on these teams unless they turn it around in a big way.

Most of the coaches on the hot seat came through in week one. The notable exception was UNLV which had some pretty bad breakdowns. Look for the Rebels to continue to play tight and to make mistakes as the pressure on the coaching staff mounts.



No comments:

Post a Comment