Saturday, November 19, 2011

College Football Picks- 11/19

Top Picks:

Purdue +2.5 vs Iowa
San Diego St +16.5 vs Boise St
Rutgers +3 vs Cincinnati

Leans:e

Oregon -14.5 vs USC
Vanderbilt -1.5 vs Tennessee

Writeups:

Purdue- It has taken a while (as in years) for this team to get headed back in the right direction but it seems that they finally have found a winning formula and some confidence. Not that this team is a world beater by any stretch but they have positioned themselves to qualify for a bowl game.

Their offense has gotten some consistency and their defense has stepped up. Iowa has been pretty inconsistent especially on the road. I like Purdue to play well in front of the home crowd and to use their focus on getting to a bowl to get the victory today.

SDST- If you remember I took Utah St as a s 5 star pick against Boise after Boise lost to Nevada last year. I got the cover but admittedly I was a bit lucky. I am going back to the well in this one and I like the Aztecs to take advantage of a Boise letdown and also for SDST to put a complete game together against a good team. The Aztecs have solid talent and are capable of beating Boise and tonight I think they will put a solid effort in and get the cover and I would not rule out a victory as well.

Rutgers- Cinci did lose their stud QB which is a factor but also it seems like in the the lame (and getting lamer) Big East that the conference leader loses every week and someone new takes the lead. Not that I am a big fan of Rutgers but they have enough talent to win at home against a wounded Cinci team and open the door for another Big East team to get in contention for the BCS bowl chance.

Oregon- I actually liked USC a bit in this one however with Ok St's loss last night, the Ducks are much closer to a national championship game then they were two weeks ago. I think the extra motivation will be enough for the Ducks to get the job done. USC is playing much better lately and can match up pretty well but will not get it done tonight.

Vandy- It has been a long time since Vandy has had a better football squad than the Vols (if ever) and I expect the Commodores to play their best and come through today.

No comments:

Post a Comment