Saturday, October 1, 2011

Northwestern @ Illinois Pick

Most of the games I like, start this aftenoon or evening.  I will be back with additional sides later but to get started, here is the first game I like.

Lean

Northwestern +10 vs Illinois

Writeup

The Wildcats got pretty beat up last year by Illinois and were especially dominated by Illinois' offensive line which pushed NU's defensive line and linebackers all over the field. So far this season, NU has had much better line play especially on defense.

Illinois is a bit of a mystery as they played 2 cupcakes before there big win against Arizona St but they followed that up with a struggle against W. Michigan last week.

In this game, I expect Illinois to come out with the same formula as last year and try to run the ball. I expect NU to be ready for that and to be able to shut them down initially. The other feature of this game is the return of Dan Persa who will be making his debut after a bad achilles injury last year. He could be rusty or could be back to his form of last year. If Persa was full strength and had played a bit more I would probably rate this as a top pick but since he is an unknown to this point I will be a bit more conservative.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment