Friday, October 14, 2011

College Football Sides 10/15

I am spending a rare Saturday off the grid this week so I have a pretty light lineup. Probably a good thing as my picks need a bit of breather.

Anyhow...here goes.

Top Picks

Wisconsin -23 (first half) vs Indiana
East Carolina -14 vs Memphis

Leans

Tennessee/LSU under 46
Ohio St/Illini under 44.5
Florida/Auburn over 50
Texas Tech -3.5 vs K State

Writeups:

Wisconsin- Of course we remember the beating that Wiscy put on the Hoosiers last year and it will be hard for the badgers not to repeat with another massacre. However such a big deal was made out of that game there will be some pressure for HC Bielema to call off the dogs earlier than last year.

On the other hand, the BCS standings come out next week and Wisconsin will have ground to make up so I do think they will put the hammer down early and have more than a 23 point lead going into halftime.

East Carolina- They had a pretty miserable performance last week against Houston and will be able to get "some hair of the dog" this week when they take on a truly bad football team in Memphis. I look for the ECU offense to get back on track and even a poor defensive time like the Pirates can slow down the beleaguered Memphis squad.

Tennessee/LSU- It will be pretty amazing if Tenn can put up 13 or more points with a back up QB. LSU could run up the score but I think the Tenn defense will hold their own for a while before wilting. LSU does not need style points as they will be either the #1 or 2 team in the BCS standings and their tilt with Bama is on the horizon so the best they can do here is get the win with no major injuries.

Ohio St/Illinois- I am very tempted go with the Buckeyes in this one but I think the under is the way to play it. I am very confident that Illinois will come out tight as they are in uncharted waters with their 6-0 start. Also, Ron Zook has played Ohio St tough defensively and will have a solid game plan to thwart the Buckeyes. Looking at both factors, i see a 17-14 finish however I would not be surprised if this game went to OT.

Florida/Auburn- Florida needs a break after getting smacked around by Bama and LSU. Auburn has been hanging tough but did not look too good against Arkansas. I think both teams are looking at this game as a must win if either wants to have a successful season and play in a decent bowl. I expect both teams to put their best foot forward and to score a lot of points and this game should fly over 50.

T. Tech- Seriously? T Tech is coming off a loss and they are playing the red hot K State team and are a favorite? These kinds of games have been killing me, all signs point to Vegas telling us to bet T. Tech. I hope they are right on this one. I really don't want to go down to K St 3 weeks in a row.





No comments:

Post a Comment