Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 1 Initial Picks

Here are my initial picks- I will firm these up and assign ratings a bit later.

Middle Tenn St -4.5 vs Minnesota. It is surprising to see a very non BCS team coming in as a solid favorite over a big 10 team. However, I think there is a very good reason that the Raiders are a favorite.

Colorado St +12.5 vs Colorado- I am not really optimistic that the Rams will have a good season but I am pretty sure that CU has pretty much packed it in this season and will let the Hawkins era come to an end. With that, i don't see the Buffs covering this number.

Miss St -21 vs Memphis- Looking back my games to circle, this number makes a lot of sense to me. i think the Bulldogs will be on the rise this year while memphis is strictly rebuilding.

Oregon St +12.5 vs TCU- I have been on the TCU bandwagon for a while but I think this will be a letdown year for them. Oregon St meanwhile has been steadily improving and will give the Horned Frogs a real good game and cover the spread easily.

Nebraska -36.5 vs W. Kentucky- A big number but I will not be at all shocked if the Huskers score 56+ points in this one and if that happens then the 37 will be easy money.

No comments:

Post a Comment