Saturday, October 18, 2014

College Football Picks 10/18

Ctrl Alt Delete...

OK- time to reset a bit. Last two weeks, I got back into the bad habit of picking too many games. I am narrowing the list a bit this week.

Also, I will be attending the Northwestern/Nebraska game tomorrow and will be out of pocket most of the day so I am posting all my Saturday picks at once. Look for some adds on twitter- @swicatsides

5 Star

Oklahoma St +10 vs. TCU

Top Picks

Marshall -22 vs. Florida Atlantic
Ohio St/Rutgers over 62.5
Mich St/Indiana over 59


Leans

Duke -3 vs Virginia
Georgia/Arkansas over 54
Ole Miss/Tenn under 46.5
Northwestern +6.5  vs Nebraska
Notre Dame +10 vs. Florida St

Writeups

Oklahoma St- I kinda hate to make this pick as I have TCU over in the season win totals. Before the season started, I pegged this as a win for TCU but TCU will be in a rough spot coming off a really emotional loss and now are facing another high powered offense. TCU will have to scrap to win this game and I really don't see them winning this game by anything more than a TD and I will be sprinkling some OK St on the $ line as they will be in this game.

Marshall- Another week, another outgunned opponent. Marshall will score at will and the only doubt will be if FAU has a chance at a backdoor cover.

Ohio St/Rutgers- The Buckeye offense is back. They will continue to roll against a Rutgers team that will try to play toe to toe with them. Not sure if the Buckeyes will cover the 22 however I do like this game to over very easily.

Mich St/Indiana- I think we need to realize that Mich St is an offensive oriented team this year and their defense is not dominant. Indiana will be pushing for another big upset and if that is to happen, they will need to outgun MSU. I will not surprised if Indiana gives them a battle in this one so jump on the over for the easy W.

Duke- This line seems a bit fishy however I imagine that some bettors like Virginia off a bye week. I like Duke to be fired up for this game and to relish the chance to beat Virginia at home. Duke's offense will be the difference here.

Georgia/Arkansas- Hard to say what the razorbacks will bring tomorrow but I think they will be effective running the ball against Georgia. Georgia on the other hand is always ready to mix it up and get in a scoring battle. Take the over and hope Arkansas does not drop the ball.

Ole Miss/Tenn- Ok, time to admit that Ole Miss has an awesome defense. They should have no problem holding Tenn down and the Vols will likely try to slow the game down as well and try to win the game late. I am a little concerned that Ole Miss may be able to force several turnovers and quick scores so I am making this one a lean vs a top pick.

Northwestern- Of course I need to have a side as I will be there but I do like Northwestern to bring strong effort in this one. HC Fitzgerald would love to beat Nebraska and he will have his team ready. Nebraska brings plenty of firepower so take the Cats but don't get too extended.

ND- This should be a good spot for ND. Florida has faced many offense oriented teams and ND will bring a strong defense to the game. This game will come down to turnovers and if ND can avoid them and create a couple then they will have a real shot to win the game straight up.

No comments:

Post a Comment