Saturday, September 21, 2013

College Football Picks- 9/21

I have more early plays than later ones so most of my action is below. I will likely post a few more picks in a few more hours.

5 star

Utah St +6.5 vs. USC

Top Picks

Va Tech/Marshall over 48.5
Tennessee +15.5 vs Florida
Notre Dame -4.5

Lean

North Carolina +6.5 vs Ga Tech
Maryland -5 vs W. Virginia

Writeups:

Utah St- The Aggies lost a tough opener on the road in their first game and have been on a tear since then albeit against lesser opponents. The Aggies have a diverse offense and they will put pressure on USC's defense all day. USC had a break out game last time out vs BC however I really don't think their offense is where it needs to be.

I don't envisions Utah St scoring at will but I think they will put up 24-30 points which will be more than enough to cover the generous 6.5 vs a USC team that will be hard pressed to score more than 27 themselves.

Va Tech/Marshall- Va Tech and ECU got into a slugfest last week and I think the books overcorrected the total based on that game.. Marshall is all about offense and will be pushing the offense and Va Tech will get their offense on track vs a mediocre to poor Marshall defense.

Tennessee- The Gators have owned the last 8 games and although I do expect the Gators to win, the vols will come to play in this one. Outside of the Oregon juggernaut, the Vols defense has been stout and that will be enough to keep them in this one.

Notre Dame- The Irish are 0-3 ATS this year but I like that to change today. Their offense is getting better and although their defense is a far cry from last year, they have more than enough to handle MSU's offense. The Spartans broke through with 30 whole points against...Youngstown St. i am not impressed. The Irish won't blow the Spartans out but they will make a handful of big plays where MSU won't and get the win and ATS win.

North Carolina- I really like Ga Tech this year but 6.5 is too many points for me to pass up. UNC has played a much tougher schedule than Tech and that will pay off in this one. I expect the winning difference to be a field goal either way.

Maryland- I am jumping on the Terps as I think they are still a bit underrated. WVU has not shown anything on either side of the ball so I like the Terps to get it done by 10 points today.

No comments:

Post a Comment