Friday, November 30, 2012

MAC and PAC 12 Championship Games

Two more championship games on tap tonight. Here are my sides.

Top Pick

Stanford -8
Kent St/Northern ILL over 57.5

Lean

Kent St +7.5

Writeup:

Stanford- Initially when I saw the opening line, I thought Stanford -10 was pretty high and was leaning towards UCLA. However looking back at their game last week, I don't see UCLA having enough time to really make the adjustments they need to make to go on the road and win this game. Essentially, Stanford overpowered UCLA and their is not much scheme wise the Bruins can do in a short week to change that. UCLA of course will have a game plan however most anything they change, Stanford will be anticipating and will be ready and will adjust in kind.

I think this game will start off close and keep an eye on the 2nd half line. As the game wears on, it will revert to Stanford's power game and the Cardinal will take control and pull away and get the cover in the 2nd half.

Kent St/NIU- I am really hoping both teams acquit themselves well tonight and the winner is able to move into the top 16 and get a BCS bid. Both teams have a lot of skill players and that will show up on the scoreboard. There will be of course offensive TD's however I am expecting big plays on special teams as well that will result in direct TD's or set the teams up for easy score. This should be a back and forth game and I like a high scoring affair and for winning team to get the winning score on the final possession and to win by 4 points or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment