Saturday, September 1, 2012

College Football Picks 9/1 Part 2

OK looking good on the part 1 picks. I will keep the good times rolling with these sides tonight.

Top Pick

Wyoming +31 vs Texas

Leans:

Alabama -13 vs Michigan
Hawaii +42.5 vs USC

Writeups:

Wyoming- The Cowboys are a pretty solid team that put together a nice season last year. They are going up against Texas who of course is coming off a really bad season and are universally picked to be much improved this year.

I do like Texas' defense and have no doubt they will play well but I doubt Texas' offense and their ability to put up enough points to cover this big number. I expect Wyoming to score 10-17 points and I don't see Texas scoring more than 35 so take the points and be prepared to have to hold on at the end to get the cover.

Alabama- I have to have a side in this game. If this game was a little later in the year, then I might be more inclined to take Michigan however with this being their opener i think that favors the Crimson Tide. As has been well documented, the SEC always has a big speed advantage over the Big 10 in the defensive lines vs offensive lines. With Michigan having gone up against their own team only so far they will not be ready to handle the speed differential. Denard Robinson will make some plays but most of the game he will be running for his life or getting knocked down. Alabama will handle their business in this one.

Hawaii- A little scary pick here however I don't see Lane Kiffin purposely running up the score needlessly in this one and take a chance on getting a key player hurt. USC will probably get a 40+ lead at some point and then I think they will call off the dogs and Hawaii will get the cover in the 4th quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment