Saturday, October 8, 2011

College Football Sides 10/8 Part 1

This will be the day that I break out...maybe. Last week a couple of games went against me in the final minutes hoping I can get some of the bad luck to turn to good luck.

Here we go!

5 Star Pick

Missouri -4 vs Kansas St.

Top Picks

Indiana +14 vs Illinois
LSU -13 vs Florida
Air Force/ND over 56

Leans

Utah +3.5 vs Arizona St

Writeups:

Missouri- As I do as often as I can, I am taking my cue on this one from Vegas. Everything is going well for K St. They held on vs a late Miami charge, stood their ground against a good Baylor team and now are facing a Missouri team that is 2-2 and has lost both of their road games. So why is Missouri then a favorite on the road today? I am not sure but Vegas has their reasons and they know a lot more than I do so I will bite...BIG on this side.

Indiana- This is a go against Illinois as much as anything. Both teams have played close games (when against decent competition) the difference is that Illinois has pulled their games off and won and Indiana has lost. A red flag for me is Ron Zook admitting that he is trying to keep his team motivated for this one, I think Illinois will come out flat and Indiana will give them as much as the Illini can handle again.

LSU - This one looks a little too easy which scares me a bit but LSU and Bama need to keep winning impressively so even the loser of the eventual match will still have a shot at the BCS championship even with a loss. For this game specifically, the Gators could not move the ball with their starting QB and then looked even worse with the back up. Now they are facing the Tigers on the road with a back up QB. Unless LSU's offense implodes, this will get ugly.

Air Force/ND- I kind of like ND to cover the 14 as well but it is tough to give the Service Academies too many points as they keep attacking. However I don't believe AF's defense will be able to slow down ND's offense and ND will have enough defensive breakdowns that this game flies over.

Utah- Everything in this games points to an ASU win. They have been playing well, getting conference wins, Utah has a back up QB going but yet they are only a 3.5 favorite. I really expected the spread to be much higher. I think ASU is the classic sucker bet and that Utah comes out fired up and handles the Sun Devils at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment