Sunday, August 28, 2011

Final Thoughts Before the Picks Start

Some have asked me for conference previews, national championship predictions, etc.

I usually don't spend a lot of time mulling that over as I had no idea that Auburn would win the SEC West much less the national championship. However, I do like to try to find some teams that I think will be much better or much worse than the pundits think and profit early by picking on or against them.

Here are the teams that I like to surprise in September (no particular order):

Michigan- They have the right coach in place and he will get the most out their talent quickly.
Wake Forest- They will not be a true contender but will play tough and get some underdog covers.
Missouri- Not really a surprise team but Pinkel has the program in a great place and a team that now reloads instead of rebuilding.
SMU- June Jones has rebuilt yet another team and they will make some noise.

Here are some teams that I think will struggle mightily and I will be looking to fade:

Syracuse- Not that they will be horrible but from an ATS perspective, I think they will be dealing with some inflated lines as the people who missed out jumping on their bandwagon will try to early this year.
Michigan St- I think they will be suffering from a hangover from their miserable bowl effort last year and have not been in the role of the hunted for quite a while.
Memphis- This is a program in trouble and will need another coaching change after the season.
Cal- Unless Tedford can really pick it up, I imagine he will be gone. I am pretty sure his players know as well.
Georgia- Ditto for Richt, unfortunately he lost the magic and I don't seeing him getting back this year.

For the record, my official pick the national champion pick is Oklahoma over Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment