Sunday, May 1, 2011

NBA Playoffs Round 2

Usually, I take a cautious approach before patting myself on the back as a losing streak is always potentially around the corner but I was pretty happy to pick both Memphis and Atlanta as pretty big dogs to win their first round series.

Looking at the 2nd round, I don't have any concrete series picks. However, I like to see how the odds change as the series progress. For instance, the bulls are a big favorite over Atlanta however if they were to lose the first game they odds would drop quite a bit and then it may be a good time to lock them in.

Here is my outlook for each series.

Thunder vs Grizzlies- The thunder is currently -340 which seems like a pretty good price for them. The Grizzlies were able to take advantage of a slow front line of the Spurs but they will not have that luxury against the quick front line of the Thunder. Zach Randolph played a magnificent first round but he will struggle this round and will end up getting frustrated. Like the rest of the league, the Grizzlies have no answer to Durant.

Thunder in 5

Heat vs Celtics- This, of course, is the marquee matchup and the Heat are a favorite at -185. This is a series that I will watch for the odds to change after each game. Overall, I do like Boston but they will really miss Kendrick Perkins in this one. However if Rondo steps up they can win but if he is faltering then I will have to switch and look at the Heat.

For today's game I like the Celtics to win game 1 and for the Celtics to win the series in six however that is not set in stone.

Lakers vs Dallas- The lakers are a solid favorite at -360 which I think is a little steep. Both teams have decent matchups and Dallas is pretty underrated as many experts wrote them off in the first round. I definitely am going to check back and see if Dallas goes way up as a dog if they lose the first game. I think they have a chance with their athleticism to push the lakers.

Dallas in seven.

Chicago vs. Atlanta- I really don't give the Hawks much of a chance in this one. They will need the bulls to collapse in a big way if they want to hang. The teams that have had success against the bulls have stymied Derrick Rose to an extent and without Hinrich available, Rose should have his way by either scoring or driving the lane and dishing at will.

Bulls in five.

No comments:

Post a Comment