Monday, December 13, 2010

Unofficial Bowl Picks Part 2

Here are some more early thoughts.

My real picks will be starting soon.


Arizona +6 – I like the Wildcats on the bounce back from last year’s horrible bowl loss against Nebraska. Ok St has a lot of talent but they definitely lost a great chance at an upper tier bowl with their loss against Oklahoma.  I think the motivation edge goes to Zona.

North Carolina -2  A bowl win would be a nice ending for the Tarheels who have had a trying season. UT has had a few nice moments this year but really it has been a rebuilding season for them. UNC gets the win and cover here.

Washington +13 vs Nebraska- The first time out I had the over and watched Nebraska do the heavy lifting. Things have changed quite a bit since then. The Huskies had a strong ending and got a bowl bid while Nebraska was unable to close out the Big 12 title game. The Nebraska Huskers though have a coach with a very good bowl record and they will be prepared. Still, I like UW to cover the number.

Michigan St +10.5 vs Alabama- Each year I try to find a team that has gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to a bowl game and go with them. This year I like MSU in that role. They beat Wisconsin, lost only one game and won a share of the big ten yet no BCS game. I think that will keep them focused on winning this game.

TCU -3 vs Wisconsin- I love this game. The majority of the talking heads are talking about the power of Wisconsin and how they scored so many points their last few games. I am not impressed. They played the 2nd tier of the big 10 and caught NU without their QB. TCU meanwhile is now being downgraded for being in the Mountain West. I am confident that TCU’s team speed will be well suited to stop Wiscy defensively and offensively will be able to score on the Badgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment