Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 2nd Games

OK- It is time to get the season started.

Unfortunately, my first big pick of the season had to be scrapped when the MTSU QB was suspended. They still may take down Minnesota but for me that game is a stay away.

So for the opening night, I really have only one official pick and that is USC -21 vs Hawaii. I think we have all had enough of the USC woes but really they should not be that affected this year. I am not a Lane Kiffin fan but I think he is savvy enough to get the talent on this team to perform.

Hawaii is a team that has been in a steady decline since June Jones left. The current coach has not been able to recruit or run the offense the way Jones did and i think this will likely be his last year with Hawaii.

Long story short- this is a real mismatch and 3 td's does not seem like a big price to pay. I will make this pick a lean though.

Lean- USC -21 vs Hawaill

I will also be keeping a close eye on Pitt/Utah. I don't have a play on this one but I think it is worth watching to see how the QB's play and if Dion Lewis of Pitt can keep the magic going from last year.

Plenty more to come for the Saturday games!

No comments:

Post a Comment